In addition to high quality cut meats, our customers praise Bowman's for providing the highest quality and best tasting ground beef. We grind beef in-store daily, using whole muscle cuts of beef. The taste of our fresh ground beef and fresh ground beef patties speak for themselves. Just ask our customers! Our meat team is ready and waiting to help you with your special meat-cuts or orders. Give Bowman's meat department a try and find out why we are the best!
Our meat department features a large selection of USDA Choice beef, pork and chicken. Nearly all of our fresh meat is hand-cut and trimmed in-store to consistently ensure the highest-quality and taste. Because we provide you with hand-trimmed meats, our roasts, steaks, chicken and chops are all ready to go from the package to the pan, grill, oven, etc. No further trimming is necessary. Enjoy!
Not all Angus is equal.
According to the Certified Angus Beef ® website, "other labels may say Angus, but that's where the similarities end. The difference is in the flavor. And that's where the Certified Angus Beef ® brand sets the bar. Beef must pass 10 stringent quality specifications to earn the brand's premium mark, ensuring you always enjoy flavorful, tender, juicy cuts of beef."
Marbling and maturity
- Modest or higher marbling – for the taste that ensures customer satisfaction
- Medium or fine marbling texture – the white "flecks of flavor" in the beef that ensure consistent flavor and juiciness in every bite
- Only the youngest classification of product qualifies as "A" maturity – for superior color, texture and tenderness
The next three specifications ensure a uniform, consistent steak size:
- 10- to 16-square-inch ribeye area
- Less than 1,000-pound hot carcass weight
- Less than 1-inch fat thickness
And finally, four specifications further ensure the quality appearance and tenderness of the brand:
- Superior muscling (restricts influence of dairy cattle)
- Practically free of capillary ruptures (ensures the most visually appealing steak)
- No dark cutters (ensures the most visually appealing steak)
- No neck hump exceeding 2 inches (safeguards against cattle with more variability in tenderness)
Signature Ground Beef Patties
Peterson's signature Lean ground beef is ground fresh daily. Add this ready-made 1/4 lb. patty for a fresh addition to your next barbeque or tail-gate party. Lean ground 100% USA beef from a butcher your family can trust.Watch how our patties are made