Peterson's Compounding Pharmacy
You can trust our professional pharmacy team to provide you with the correct prescription at the right price. Look to our team for expert advice on the medicines that will get you and your family back on track, so you can focus on spending quality time together.
Custom Compound Prescriptions
Before mass production of medications became normal, compounding was a routine activity among pharmacists. Community pharmacists who have experience with compounding techniques are now less common. Our licensed and trained pharmacists use state of the art techniques to customize your medication.
Physicians may prescribe an individually compounded medication for a patient with an unusual health need. This allows the physician to tailor a prescription to each individual. Compounding preparations are especially prevalent for:
- Patients requiring limited dosage strengths, such as a very small dose for infants
- Patients requiring a different formulation, such as turning a pill into a liquid or gel for people who can't swallow pills
- Patients requiring an allergen-free medication, such as one without gluten or colored dyes
- Patients who need drugs that have been discontinued by pharmaceutical manufacturers because of low profitability
- Children who want flavored additives in liquid drugs, usually so that the medication tastes like candy or fruit
- Many types of bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, where compounding is used to promote the idea of "individualized" prescriptions.
Peterson's pharmacy is happy to help you with all your custom compound prescription needs.