Peterson's Market was started in 1938 by Louis William Peterson, affectionately called "Lute". His youngest son Bruce Peterson along with his wife Dona took over the business in 1951 and have grown the company from its humble beginnings to what you see now, a full-service grocery store.
Our store is still family-owned and is currently operated by Monte and Jan. We are a full-service, family-oriented store. We offer the finest fresh foods including, USDA choice beef, top quality produce, a scratch bakery and a unique deli with delicious ready to eat entrees. Our Pharmacy also makes custom compounded prescriptions.
We work hard to fulfill any special requests or orders quickly and efficiently. The customer is always first in our store and we feel that we are exactly what you searching for, that good old hometown grocery store.
Peterson's Market is built on a tradition of serving friends and neighbors. We currently employ over 100 local residents.
Here are some fun facts about 1938. The year Peterson's starting serving your local community.
- Franklin D Roosevelt was President of the United States.
- Superman appears in his first comic action comics #1 June 1938.
- Seabiscuit beat War Admiral in an epic horse race.
- The Fair Labor Standards Act passes, defining a standard work week as 40 hours.
- Orson Welles's radio adaptation of The War of Worlds is broadcast.